Don't Miss
- The Long Beach BBQ Festival
- The Venice Fest 2026
- California Strawberry Festival
- May is Asian American Month
- LA’s New Air Taxi Launch for Fifa
- Tommy’s Burgers Celebrates 80 yrs
- Free Fifa Watch Parties across Los Angeles
- Jazz on the Beach Concerts at Dockweiler Beach
- Go LA Metro to Fifa Events
- LA Original Farmers Market Host Fifa Cup Viewing
No Charges for SF 49er Aldon Smith
By Let's Talk Los Angeles on July 1, 2014
San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith will not face charges related to his arrest earlier this year at Los Angeles International Airport.
The city attorney’s office said in a statement Tuesday that it declined to charge the 24-year-old but will require him to come to a meeting to discuss what happened and be admonished about applicable laws.
Smith was taken into custody April 13 after authorities said he became belligerent during a random security screening and threatened that he had a bomb.
The Los Angeles County district attorney’s office subsequently referred the case to the city attorney’s office for misdemeanor consideration.
